TruPhone extends Free Calls to 40 countries

Bookmark and Share
If you ain't already out of a hangover, there is a good reason to be. Free Mobile VOIP call provider, TruPhone has given us a great new year gift by extending their free calls offer to 40 countries.

The biggest downside is Truphone works on symbian phones, primarily Nokia N and E series. They recently added Nokia E51, N81, N81 8GB, N82 and N95 8GB to their list. For a N/E series phone users, this is the "Must-Have" software on your phone.

truphone
TruPhone gives free calls to over 40 countries. I don't know if there is a time limit. Each of my calls lasted for over 20 minutes on average, but truphone didn't bother to cut my call. It just went on and on.

Besides the free calling, TruPhone offers Free SMS to other truphone users, provided both users are online on Truphone.

If you are using Fring, there is a good reason to use Truphone as well. I am coming to a conclusion that they compliment each other than compete. Fring is pure Mobile VOIP application developer and a leader in their market by far. They gotta be the most innovation Mobile VOIP app developers in the market but truphone definately scores when it comes to Mobile VOIP service provider.

Now since they extended the call, there is every reason to try it out. I have been extensively testing TruPhone since last 1 week. It works great for all those 40 countries. The voice quality is awesome, crystal clear without any drop calls. The only issue is it slows down my N 95 a bit. I need to figure out the issue yet. My primary guess is my firware which is like v 11. Too old, wonder what nokia asia engineers were doing when they sold this to me :-)

Truphone can be accessed via Wifi (Public, shared or WLAN) and 3G. There are a few tricks to minimise the battery usage while using truphone. I will write a seperate post on how to use Fring and truphone effectively so that you save valuable mobile resource while enjoying free calls.

I am off to make a few more new year wishes via truphone. If you haven't yet done it, just text 'tru' to +44 7624 000 000.

Yes, don't forget to wish everyone a very happy new year! 2007 was exceptional for VOIP Guide. I hope it continues to be good :-)

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment