Best Vehicle GPS 2011 on the Market?

Bookmark and Share
Do you want to know what's the best vehicle GPS on the market? Well, I'm going to try to answer that question in this article. In reality, that's probably not a question that can be completely answered, though. Let me tell you why.

For one thing, the whole idea of being the best vehicle GPS on the market depends on your needs and also your budget. Suppose I said that a Garmin nuvi 755 was the best GPS. Well, it currently sells for slightly under $200 at Amazon. But what if you can't afford that...or don't want to? Does that mean that the GPS you buy is going to be garbage? I don't think that's what we want to mean when we say "best GPS".

So, instead of saying that a particular model is the best, let's look at a spectrum of models, inexpensive, moderately priced, and higher end.

Best Vehicle GPS: Inexpensive Models

Before the TomTom EASE came to the marketplace, I would have awarded this position to one of the Garmins. But the TomTom EASE is really a step in the right direction. It has everything that I would consider to be essential in a best vehicle GPS, but it's not expensive at all.

Best Vehicle GPS: Moderately Priced Models

I know a lot of folks would award this category to one of Garmin's many models, but here, I have to go with Magellan. Probably something like the Magellan Maestro 4700. It costs about $150 as of the writing of this article. It has all the bells and whistles you could want. You know, widescreen, Bluetooth, etc. And it's got access to the Triple A Tour Book, if you're a member. I'm partial to the Triple A, so I like that feature.

Best Vehicle GPS: High-End Models

As usual, the high end belongs to Garmin. Personally, my vote for the best vehicle GPS in this category goes to the Garmin nuvi 1690. I really like all of the features of this device! You've can use it with public transportation, and also in select "tourist" cities, you can use it as a pedestrian. Of course, it's got all the other stuff as well.

So, although we can't say definitively what the best overall vehicle GPS is, we can talk about what are excellent choices in the various categories I have here. Buy any of these three! You won't go wrong.

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment